Mar 17, 2011

An Essay: Here I am

I have been in this world for about 18 years. So, there are many things that happened. It is interesting and unforgettable.   
Born as the first grandchildren in both families; my father’s family and my mother’s family, make me get so much attention in my early childhood. I think it is not the only one reason. I was born on 25th August 1992; it is 2 months earlier than other normal babies. I believe that it was the most important reason why my grandfather pays so much attention to me.
My father is a merchant. My mother used to help him at market. So, my sister and I used to spend our day at market too, but it was just before I became an elementary student. Since then, my mother just did some chores at home.
My mother is a very discipline person. She educates me to be a discipline one. If I disobey her rules, I would get punishment. The punishment that makes me so afraid was tied at tree. Even I cried; my mother would not release me. She just would do it if it was afternoon and it was the time for me to take a bath. She also educates me to be an autonomous person. She told me that I could not only depend on others. When I was in 4th grade, I broke my arm because of falling from a tree. It was my right arm. I could not go to school for several days. After the third day of my day-off, I wanted to go to school. First, my mother helped me to take a bath, but then she did not help me wearing my uniform. I called her to get help, but she did not come. I started to cry because I think that I cannot do it alone.  My mother still did not come. Finally, I tried to do it and I can, although I did not use my right arm. Now, I understand that my mother did not come when I called her because she wants me to depend on myself. May be she also wants to know whether I understand or not what she has said before.
I am not a very clever student but I never out of the best-ten students in my class. Since I was in elementary school, I was interested in science especially biology. I have taken part in many biology competitions. I took science class in my senior high school. I think I want to be a doctor or a veterinarian. Then I change my mind. I have a great Indonesian language teacher in my senior high school. She makes me realize that what we like sometimes is not our destination. I mean, I love to gain my knowledge about science but in the other hand it will make me happy if I can share my knowledge to others. So, I decided to be a teacher. I take English language education because it is challenging.
In short, I have to say thanks to my mother who educates me to be a discipline and autonomous person. Then, I hope my life runs well, and I did not choose the wrong destination for my future.