Dec 8, 2011

My Priceless Bike


Earth, the only one place where we can live in this universe, is getting worse time to time because of humans. Our activities produce substances that ruin environment. Luckily, we have realized that we cannot just sit down and wait this planet become a place where we cannot live anymore. Go green! This slogan has been so famous. Planting brand new trees, 3R (Reuse, Reduce, and Refinement), decreasing air pollution are some way to keep the Earth healthy.
What can we do to decrease air pollution?

The answer is bicycling. In this attempt, I am taking part right now. I always go to college by bike. I can say that I go everywhere by bike (but not going home to Payakumbuh. That’s too far).
People around me gave different reaction when I appeared with my bike for the first time, even some of them still like that until today. There were friends who said, “wow, uni.. this is cool( unfortunately, that comment is just for my bike..hehehe..). Others said, “Uni, can I borrow it?” The others said, “Uni, can you give me a ride?” Those are positive reactions. I also get negative ones, but those are not from my friends. Those are just from people in college whom I don’t know. They use me as joke, like happened yesterday afternoon, when I go home after my structure class. One of person in the crowd said, “Hei, look! Gita Gutawa”, then he sang her song. After that they all laughed. I wonder why they behave like that. From what side are I and her alike? Actually, it is not a big deal. I do what I want to do, and I don’t care other opinion that is just nothing. My bike is not only my way to commute but also my life style.

This is my priceless bicycle.



 

Brand                                    : UNITED
Model                                   : CLASS-X 24 inch
Product category             : City Bike
Frame                                   : Steel Mini Class-X (New Design)
Fork                                       : Steel w/ Butted Stem
C/Wheel                              : Steel 32T
Saddle                                  : Vinyl Top          
Rim                                        : Alloy
Carrier                                  : Steel w/ Saddle
Free Wheel                        : 16T
C/Cover                                : Full

Again, Go Green!
To reduce air pollution, use less machine vehicle! Yes, use bicycle. Like what I’ve done.